Free Hair Bow Instructions: How to make a bottlecap charm
* 1-inch circles for bottlecap images (click here for places to purchase)
* Flattened bottlecaps, without holes and jump rings for bows, and with holes/jump rings for jewelry (click here for places to purchase)
* Epoxy resin dots (click here for places to purchase)
* Scissors or a 1-inch hole punch (not shown)
* Gem-Tac or another permanent glue
Carefully cut out your image, shown below using scissors, or use a 1-inch hole punch.
Apply a thin layer of your glue with a Q-tip (or your finger, but that gets too messy for me!)
Carefully place your image into the bottlecap, making sure that it's aligned with the hole on top of the cap (if you're making a necklace).
Place a quarter on top of the image and let it dry overnight (below).
Once the glue is dry, peel the epoxy resin dot off its backing, and carefully place it on the image. (You can also perform this step first, by adding it to the image before gluing the image to the cap.) Press firmly to eliminate any air bubbles.
That's all there is to it! To add the bottlecap to your bow, you can apply hot glue or Gem-Tac to the back of the cap and place it where you want. I have used hot glue with success (it's quicker since you don't have to wait for the glue to dry).
Enjoy your creation!