Birdsong Bows: Training contest!

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Training contest!


See this face? This is the face of an almost 2.5-year-old who was nearly finished potty training, but has decided over the past couple of of weeks that she wants nothing to do with it any more. Any suggestion to use the toilet is met with a stern "no" or a polite "no," depending on her mood.


I'm desperate. I'm tired of diapers. I no longer want to give Pampers my money. So...here's a contest: Anyone who posts a GOOD potty training suggestion on my blog until midnight EST next Tuesday -- one that I am willing to TRY -- will get a FREE 3-inch Anna-style basic boutique bow set in your choice of color.


And anyone's suggestion that actually works...i.e., gets this little stinker back on the toilet and trained, will get a FREE layered bow set (valued at $25 plus shipping) if the training lasts at least five days.


Here are my obstacles: Natalia goes to daycare during the day, so this has to be something the daycare provider will try. Therefore, running without diapers and peeing on the floor for a week will not fly. My daycare provider is flexible, but it has to be do-able by more than just me.


Willing to share your mom-like words of wisdom? Post away! And good luck. I'll keep everyone up to date on the progress. "Sock Monkey" (below) and I are counting on you to help create a diaper-free zone!


1 Comments:

Blogger Amy said...

Deanna - OMG - I just got my 2.5 yr old trained and she did very well. Choc covered raisins worked for us - or take our pick whatever she LOVES like M&Ms or or dum dum pops. I hung a ziploc bag by a tac on the wall high enough she oculd not reach but in site so she could see it. Each time she tried to go or actually went she got a couple choc raisins. It worked for us and was a piece of cake - now I can only hope the same for you and maybe the daycare provider owuld try it?

Good luck - stay strong - they are so independant!

Amy

July 18, 2008 at 10:04 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home