Birdsong Bows: Hair bow design challenge - After the Rain

Monday, March 21, 2011

Hair bow design challenge - After the Rain


Happy Spring! This is my favorite season, and I thought it would be a fun time to launch Birdsong's first Design Challenge!

The theme for this first challenge is "After the Rain." You may make a boutique bow or bow set, a headband, a bowband, a funky loopy bow -- basically, anything out of ribbon -- following this theme. What comes after the rain? Sun? Flowers? New life? Blue skies? Use your imagination!

E-mail your best photograph of your finished product (either on a model or not) to me at deanna [at] birdsongbows.com by 3 a.m. Pacific time (midnight Eastern) on Tuesday, March 29 (so, basically before you go to bed next Monday night). Please keep your photos around 600 pixels wide, so that they're neither too big nor too small. No more than one entry/photo per contestant, please. I'll post the photos and a poll, and anyone can vote for the winner! If you're on Flickr, feel free to post a photo to the Birdsong Flickr Photo Group as well, for all to see!

The prize: A selection of new ribbons and notions, valued around $15, plus a free tutorial of your choice from Birdsong Bows and Patterns.



Good luck, and most of all, have fun. I can't wait to see what all of you fantastic bow designers will create by next week!

Photos by A Hope and A Wish Photography and Peekaboo Photos

6 Comments:

Blogger Reshma at masalamangomantra.blogspot.com said...

Beautiful bows! Cute models as well :-) I love spring as well!

March 22, 2011 at 8:05 AM  
Blogger Chasin Fireflies said...

Your designs are so cute! I love this one! :D You are absolutely talented!

March 23, 2011 at 8:20 PM  
Blogger Deanna McCool said...

Thank you!! :)

March 24, 2011 at 3:58 PM  
Blogger Princess Arielle's Bows said...

I emailed you a photo and added it to the flickr group

March 28, 2011 at 12:08 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

ack, I emailed you a photo but after I sent it I realized it was undoubtedly too big. Sorry! Normally I use programs that automatically resize my images for me so I didn't even think about it!

March 28, 2011 at 12:50 PM  
Blogger Growing Up Girly said...

I e-mailed my photo, hopefully you received it!!!

March 28, 2011 at 5:45 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home