Birdsong Bows: The simple life....

Monday, August 11, 2008

The simple life....


This weekend I took about 36 hours to myself and traveled just 45 minutes away to Amish country, where I did a little shopping, took a few photos and spent time alone in my hotel room, making some bows and clippies. It was my first time alone in almost three years, and the silence was golden! Although I wanted to take a few more pictures, I didn't want to treat the Amish as a spectacle (I mean, I'd feel weird being photographed driving along in my car)...so I only took a couple of pictures of this one buggy. The mom had just left to go shopping, and I asked her permission to take a photo. I told her I would not photograph her children -- the Amish feel it is vain to be photographed.




1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Now that's is a getaway that I need. Just a few days of silence! Glad you had a good time! Love the photos!

August 14, 2008 at 7:51 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home