Birdsong Bows: We almost live in an igloo

Monday, January 17, 2011

We almost live in an igloo


There's something about January that's refreshing, and other parts that I find just darn annoying. I love the thought of a "New Year," and I usually take the time to make tweaks in my business plan and life. But then....there's the snow and cold. On Jan. 8, we had the largest snowfall in this area since 1909. More than 25 inches of snow fell in less than 24 hours. I got little done except snow removal, and then ended the week with a full-on, faucet-like head cold and window views of a majorly ice-dammed roof. Bummer!
But what WAS fun is watching the kids play in the snow! The day after the big storm, the girls were itching to go outside. Anna built her version of an igloo, and played in it for two days before accidentally collapsing the roof. Natalia was happy creating snowballs and throwing them at Mom and Dad.




School is out today for the holiday, and we plan to head to the local history museum and learn a little about Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Though I wasn't around to remember that time in history, I can appreciate what he did for this country, and want to pass that along to the girls.
To "celebrate," I've got a 10% off sale in my Etsy shop today until midnight. All hair bow instructions, felt flower instructions, tutu instructions and hair bows are on sale.
As an added bonus, I've got something special for those of you who "follow" this blog. On Jan. 23 I'll do a drawing for a free tutu tutorial for anyone who's listed as a follower! So go to the right-hand column, click "follow," and I'll announce a winner next Monday, Jan. 24. Good luck!


Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger One Little Bird said...

Your girls are precious!!! I just started following your blog!

January 18, 2011 at 9:27 AM  
Blogger Mindy said...

Hi! Im your newest follower. We are in SB and were totally blown away by that massive accumulation.

March 4, 2011 at 8:48 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home