Birdsong Bows: Princess Week!

Sunday, April 24, 2011

Princess Week!

It's the dream for almost every little girl - to grow up in a regular, everyday home and be swept up into the arms of a prince. Are you caught up in the hubbub of the Royal Wedding? Will you wake up at 4 a.m. Eastern on Friday to see the festivities? How are you going to celebrate the wedding of Wills and Kate?
If you can't make it to London this week (I wasn't invited, either), you can celebrate with Birdsong! We all make or love bows that could be worn by royal girls everywhere. Last week I launched my latest pattern, "The Elizabeth Headband: Ruffles and Roses" (with a name inspired by my lovely daughter's middle name). It's a headband certainly appropriate for any little princess or her queen mama. And this week we're going to have even more fun!



You will have two opportunities to win ribbon and prizes from me this week!
The FIRST way to win: Anyone who purchases tutorials worth $8 and over, from either the Birdsong Bows and Patterns Website or the Birdsong Etsy shop, will be entered into a contest to win a gift certificate for $15 from The Ribbon Retreat+Fabric! If your purchase totals $8, you gain 1 entry. If you purchase $16, you earn 2. Want 3 entries? Then make a purchase worth $24. And for 4 entries, make a purchase worth $32. I will keep a spreadsheet of all entries, with the winner being chosen through Random.org. The contest will continue from now until 8 p.m. Eastern on Friday, April 29.
Already have hair bow instructions from Birdsong Bows and Patterns? That's wonderful, and there's a way for you to win as well. Take a photo of your little princess wearing one of your creations (or of the bows alone if your princess isn't available), and send it to me at deanna@birdsongbows.com. Please keep your photos no larger than 600 pixels wide, and I will post them on my blog throughout the week to share. On Friday afternoon my two princesses will choose their favorite bow photo, and the winner will also receive a $15 gift certificate from The Ribbon Retreat+Fabric! This method is not scientific, since my daughters are 5 and 10, but believe me when I say that they are hair bow connoisseurs.
You may enter both ways and as many times as you would like.
So join in the fun! If we can't actually *go* to the royal wedding, at least we can find ways to unleash our own inner princess. :)




Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Mindy said...

Oh how exciting!! I made a bunch of bows for my princesses for our trip to WDW.

April 24, 2011 at 4:08 PM  
Blogger Deanna McCool said...

Thanks Mindy!! :) I received your entry!

April 24, 2011 at 4:36 PM  
Blogger Cindy said...

My girls had their pretty yellow and white funky loopy bows on for church today, but I didn't get a close-up and now they are in the bathtub. (the girls, not the bows ;)

April 24, 2011 at 5:13 PM  
Blogger Deanna McCool said...

LOL, Cindy. You can take a photo any time through 8 p.m. Friday! Of the bows. Not the girls in the tub - not for blog posting, anyway! :)

April 25, 2011 at 6:39 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home