Birdsong Bows: The new Catherine Headband flower tutorial

Thursday, May 19, 2011

The new Catherine Headband flower tutorial


Just last week I introduced my newest pattern/tutorial, The Catherine Headband. I wanted to create something a little different than what we've all seen and done before. I was inspired by 1920s ribbon work...those women of the roaring 20s sure knew how to make some beautiful ribbon embellishments!


Thanks so much to Carrie of EMA Photography and Christi Nelson of Rawsii for their fantastic pictures! Though I had these photographed on babies this time (because this e-book also tells you how to best work with fold-over elastic), this flower embellishment can easily be added to hard headbands or regular clips, or used with a pin on the back as a brooch.
And if you like to have "different" bow centers, these little ruched flowers are adorable...you can make them in so many different colors and you won't be forced to run out and buy the cheapies from the craft store.


I urge you to take a moment and check out some other types of luxury ribbon, as well. French wired ribbon, beautiful silks, and luxury satins will add to the beauty of this headband. I've included some great suppliers of these items in the e-book for you! Shhh...you might find you have a new ribbon addiction!

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger KylieMarie said...

I can't wait to get this one! I'm waiting until I get the Elizabeth head band down though, cuz I know I'll end up with way to many prjects going on.

May 19, 2011 at 5:25 PM  
Blogger Deanna McCool said...

Thanks, Kylie!! :)

May 25, 2011 at 8:57 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home