Birdsong Bows: Practice makes perfect!

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Practice makes perfect!

A couple of weeks ago I showed some bows that we've done before much practicing! Like any new skill, bowmaking (especially completing the twisted boutique fold) takes some time and work. I liken it to the time when I learned how to knit! I didn't "get it" for awhile, but then my hands worked right and everything clicked for me.
Thanks to the women who participated and are willing to show off their work!
Love this bow from Joy!



Kimberley was certainly busy with this bow, which has a fantastic ribbon center!



Here are a couple of "after" photos from Dana, who tried both the funky loopy bow and the twisted boutique bow!




And here's a lovely summer-inspired bow from Theresa!


Theresa, who purchased the Birdsong twisted boutique instructions back in August, gave me the nicest feedback ever when she sent her bow photo. I don't like to toot my own horn, but I think she has a valuable comment for those who are on the fence about purchasing a paid tutorial - from me or someone else - vs. gathering up free tips on the Internet:
"People told me I wasted my money on your tut because of all the free instructions out there on the web, but I am here to tell you that I beg to differ! LOL I tried making bows from those freebies and they NEVER came out like the ones made with your tutorial. I love that you give the exact measurements for all the different lengths of ribbon and I have been told that my bows are some of the highest quality boutique bows my customers have ever bought. I don't have a full on business, but the ones I sell are always happy customers. I love your tutorials. Hands down the best out there!"
Not only was that a super nice comment that made my day, but it did remind me of all the time it took me to learn, originally with free tutorials on the Internet. There are lots of freebies, but you usually don't get all the "details" that can make your work fabulous. And that goes for just about any craft-learning experience out there....you get what you pay for!
Anyway....I did a bow challenge in April -- and am gearing up to do another! Stay tuned for another bow challenge theme later this week, with a prize! :)


Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Princess Arielle's Bows said...

Just so you know that's a removable clippie that can be worn with or with out the bow
Kimberley

May 25, 2011 at 9:14 AM  
Blogger Deanna McCool said...

Oh, I see that now! Cute, and wonderful idea!

May 25, 2011 at 11:18 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home